Club Supercar is committed to protecting your personal information, being transparent about what data we hold and giving you control over how we use it.
- To help us monitor and improve our Digital Products and Services;
- To provide you with a more personalised experience.
- To send you details about our Digital Products and Services, where you have signed up to receive such marketing communications.
To be able to do these things, it’s important we collect and analyse data including who our users are and how they use our Digital Products and Services.
Should I read any other information or terms?
What are Club Supercar’s privacy principles?
Club Supercar’s privacy principles in respect of how it collects, uses and manages your personal information are summarised as follows:
- When we ask for data it’s to give something back.
- Registering with our Digital Products and Services gives you access to a growing number of benefits. Asking for your name means we know how to talk to you. Knowing your date of birth and gender helps us to give you better recommendations of events.
- We are clear on what data we hold and what we do with it.
- In collecting and using your personal information, we will be clear about what we are doing and make sure that you understand the way in which we are using it. Also, we won’t sell your information to anyone.
- You control the data we hold on you.
If requested, we will delete your personal information securely and swiftly, and all the information we hold on your activity on our Digital Products and Services will be anonymised, so we won’t know it’s yours.
We will have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information from unauthorised access, and will only work with responsible organisations which are carefully chosen by Club Supercar when handling your information.
Compliance with laws and your rights
There are various laws and regulations which apply to data protection and data privacy including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and 2011 (as may be updated or amended from time to time).
Broadly, the laws require that:
i. you agree to your data being collected and used; ii. no more information than is required is asked of you; iii. your personal information must be securely kept to prevent unauthorised access; iv. you have a right to know what information an organisation holds about you; v. your personal information must be deleted when it is no longer required; and vi. information about your internet use must be protected even where the information being collected is not personally identifiable.
At Club Supercar, we make sure we stick to these data protection and e-privacy laws.
What information will Club Supercar collect about me?
Club Supercar may collect and hold the following information about you:
- Information you provide to us such as when you register or sign up to any of Club Supercar’s Digital Products and Services (e.g. subscribing to newsletters and marketing emails, becoming a member).
On registration with Clubsupercar.com, we currently ask for your first and surname, your email address, date of birth, address, gender and a password. We will always be clear about how this information will be used.
Information from our web servers’ logs, such as IP addresses. This is used by us and other organisations with whom we work to analyse activity on all our Digital Products and Services. For example, this helps us to look at the number of visits to specific pages to evaluate if we have sufficient infrastructure to support and maintain a great experience for our viewers.
Information from social networking sites (such as Facebook and Twitter). We collect information from social media activity, including likes, shares and tweets on our Digital Products and Services, and about our content on social networking sites.
How will we use this information?
Club Supercar will use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- To help us to monitor, analyse and improve our Digital Products and Services. This information helps us to understand which Club Supercar content, products and services are most interesting, enjoyable and useful to our users, and if they are shared via social networks. The information also helps us to identify when errors occur within our Digital Products and Services and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best. All of which helps us improve our Products and Services for our users.
- To provide you with a more personalised experience. By looking at the information we have about you, we can create a more tailored experience.
- To inform the way we commission future offerings at Club Supercar. We will use aggregated and anonymous user data to help our commissioning team understand what type of content our users like so that they can make more of it in the future.
- To market services to you.
We will send you information about our Digital Products and Services or other marketing activities, but only where you have signed up to receive these from us. Similarly, sometimes, third party partners will want to send you information about products and services, but will only do so if you have agreed to receive them by ticking an opt-in box.
We will email you occasionally about the Digital Products and Services that you have signed up for (for example, to provide you with password reminders or to contact you about content you have submitted to us via our Digital Products and Services) so that we are able to deliver these services to you.
This policy only applies to our use of your information via the Club Supercar Digital Products and Services. Therefore, it does not apply to third party websites to which Club Supercar might provide links or on which Club Supercar content is embedded.
Equally, it is important to note that when you access Club Supercar’s Digital Products and Services via a social networking site, such as Facebook or Twitter, that site may also collect and use your information. So, we would advise you to check the privacy policies for those social networking sites and applications to see how your information is being used.
How can I manage cookies?
We provide more information about cookies and similar technologies used on our Digital Products and Services in our Cookies Policy. This also tells you how to control and manage cookies in your browser and how to opt-out of certain types of cookies.
What about spam?
We will not send you any unsolicited marketing. We will only send you emails or other marketing messages where you have signed up to receive these.
Marketing emails you have signed up to will also tell you how you can unsubscribe should you decide that you no longer wish to receive them.
Please note that members may receive important information about Club Supercar’s Digital Products and Services (such as changes to the Digital Products and Services themselves or other service administration matters). As a member, this is not spam.
How can I access and update my personal information?
If you are a member you can update some of your personal information by signing in to Clubsupercar.com using your email address and password and visiting your details page.
Will Club Supercar share my information with anyone else?
Club Supercar commits to keeping your personal information confidential save that we:
- may disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted to do so by law or to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party.
How long does Club Supercar keep my personal information?
We will keep your information only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
If you close your account, your personal information (i.e. the information you gave us when you registered, such as your email address) will be deleted promptly which means that all other information we might hold about you (such as how you have used our Digital Products and Services for example) will be anonymised and we won’t be able to recognise that data as yours or contact you about it. Please note if you don’t want to continue to receive relevant targeted advertising on our Digital Products and Services after you have closed your account, we recommend that you also delete any cookies set on your device. If you want more information on how to manage your cookies, our Cookies Policy can help.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our utmost to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent to our Digital Products and Services; any sending of information is therefore at your own risk.
How do I contact Club Supercar if have a question about privacy issues?
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy issues, you can use the form on our ‘Contact us’ page.
Access to your information
If you would like to know what personal information Club Supercar holds about you, you may make a request to Club Supercar for copies of this information. You should be aware that we will need to see proof of identity before processing any such request (known as a ‘subject access request’) and may charge an administration fee of up to CHF 25 to cover our costs in providing you with this information.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and addressed to Club Supercar Enquiries, Club Supercar AG, Bogenstrasse 7, CH 9000, St. Gallen, Switzerland. Alternatively, you can use the form on our ‘Contact us’ page.
Changes to this policy